Biomass and MSW power generation
To dispose of massive amounts of solid waste produced daily, municipalities around the globe are increasingly relying on incinerators that generate steam and electricity. The same is true of countries and industries that produce vast quantities of biomass waste, such as agricultural and forestry wastes. Abundantly available, biomass is a leading energy source for renewable power generation.
Converting biomass waste into a valuable resource
Due to population growth and improved living standards, vast quantities of biomass are produced every year. Converting these volumes into energy holds promise. Increasing the use of clean, renewable biomass power calls for reliable and efficient technologies for processes such as gasification and direct firing.
Alfa Laval’s portfolio of heat transfer technologies is particularly well suited for these processes:
- Plate heat exchangers and self-cleaning filters for closed-loop cooling systems
- Dry coolers, Adiabatic coolers
- Turbine condensers, feedwater pre-heaters, district heating condensers
Power block utilities:
- Oil coolers, oil treatment skids, auxiliary boilers
- Decanters and heat exchangers