The Aalborg XW is a water tube, forced circulation exhaust gas boiler/economizer. It is specially designed for heat recovery from diesel engine exhaust gas but the basic design suits numerous applications.
The Aalborg XW constructed with water tubes and operating with forced circulation, the Aalborg XW is intended as an exhaust gas economizer for main diesel engines.
Its robust design, however, is suited to numerous applications. The heating surface is made up of double gilled tubes as standard, with a spacing that minimizes soot build-up. In addition, there is an efficient cleaning system that uses steam or compressed-air soot blowers.
The economizer can be used in conjunction with an oil-fired auxiliary boiler or a separate steam drum, in both cases acting as a steam/water separator.
Features and benefits
- Forced circulation exhaust gas boiler/economizer
- Water tube boiler with gilled tubes for exhaust gas heat recovery
- Robust, well-proven construction, able to withstand vibrations and exhaust gas pulsation
- Heating surface composition which ensures the required output from the most compact unit
- Efficient, well-proven cleaning system with steam or air soot blowers
- Superheater and preheater as an option
- Steam capacity: 0.2 - 17 t/h
- Heat capacity: 0.1 - 21 MW
- Steam pressure: 12 - 22 bar(g)
- Oil tanker
- Gas tanker
- Bulk carrier
- Chemical carrier
- Container ship > 2,500 TEU
- Cruise ship
The heating surface is made of double gilled tubes with a spacing which minimizes soot build-up. It is supplied with an efficient cleaning system with steam or compressed air soot blowers.
A design with single gilled tubes is also available. The economizer can be supplied with a dividing wall system for connection of several exhaust gas sources to one boiler.
The Aalborg XW may be used in conjunction with an oil-fired auxiliary boiler or a separate steam drum, in both cases acting as a steam/water separator.