Alfa Laval BaseLine is a competitive range of gasketed plate-and-frame heat exchangers for simpler dairy, food, beverage, pharma and other hygienic and utility applications. See Alfa Laval Frontline for more demanding hygienic applications.
Construction enables combination of plates and material – vast choice of gasket material
- Service-friendly – FDA compliant gaskets for easy opening, inspection and cleaning
- Fouling resistance and thermal efficiency thanks to range of pressing depths and chevron patterns as well as various corrugations
- Flexible – heat transfer area can be modified by adding or removing plates or combining different plates and material if process parameters change
- Suitable for multi-section heat exchangers for pasteurization
Optimization of duties: BaseLine heat exchangers are available in four different sizes (Base 3, 6, 10 and 11) and work with various plate types to ensure optimal performance for your application.
Plate types for different hygienic needs
Two different plate types are available for BaseLine & M Line gasketed plate heat exchangers:
- Chevron type plate pattern ensures good distribution of the product as well as high thermal efficiency and is used in food, dairy, beverage and pharma industries.
Gemini double-wall plates ensure a fully mix-proof design. It consists of two plates pressed together and prevents cross contamination between fluids in case of leakage through the plates.
The chocolate pattern distribution area ensures that the fluids are evenly distributed across the entire plate to avoid stagnant zones that can result in fouling.
Channels are formed between the plates and the corner ports are arranged so that the two media flow through alternate channels. The heat is transferred through the plate between the channels, where the counter-current flow helps attain the highest possible efficiency. The corrugation of the plates provides the passage between the plates, supports each plate against the adjacent one and enhances the turbulence, resulting in efficient heat transfer. Our thermal design engineers will help you design and select the model and configuration that is suitable for your application needs while delivering maximum thermal performance and minimizing pressure drop.
Alfa Laval multi-section pasteurizer GPHE
Multi-section hygienic GPHE
Connection plate roller
Key hole bolt opening
Pressure plate roller
Tightening bolt cover
Part of a broad range of hygienic gasketed plate heat exchangers
Ten top tips - Hygienic Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers
Here are some tips and service videos to show you how you can keep your hygienic gasketed plate heat exchangers in tip top condition.
Demand new standards
Introducing the world’s most modern gasketed plate heat exchangers. Discover how our next-generation line of gasketed plate heat exchangers will bring you higher efficiency, better reliability and greater serviceability.